5 Things I Miss Most About College
As football season started on a very high note in the Gator Nation (pray it stays this way,) and my sister snap chats me out at MidTown on the reg, I can't help but feel way too nostalgic about college these days. Especially because this is the first year EVER (not ever, but it feels like it,) that I'm not returning back to school after the summer. It's different. So I thought I would put all of my favorite memories into one post so I can feel like I'm reliving college again for this very moment. Don't get me wrong, I couldn't be happier to be working full time in a city I love, but MAN I miss college.
Top 5 things I miss most about college:
1. Friends, obviously. But really, it's hard being so far away from such great friends you make in college, right? It sucks. However, it just means more visits and travel to look forward to!
2. Football games!! I remember my first UF home game. Or do I? Too much tailgating. Too much fun. There's a Gator Club in Philadelphia so you bet I'm going this Saturday night to watch them WIN. Am I getting obnoxious yet?
3. THE GYM. I had two jobs for my campus recreation program and it was literally my third home. RecSports was where I learned how to teach a group fitness class and also where I learned probably the most about anything related to becoming a young professional. I was a program assistant for the group fitness program there and was spoiled very much so. Meaning that every gym and group fitness program I've been to since RecSports just doesn't even come close. Well done, RecSports. Well done.
4. Being able to skip class. You can't just skip work. It doesn't work like that.
5. Being only 4 hours away from my family. I'm still getting used to this because it feels like I was just away for the summer, but being able to see my family only a few times a year is going to be a big change. What am I, an adult?
These are only a few things that I miss, but there is much more. Gainesville, FL has an awesome culture that's equally hipster and southern. It sits right in the middle of where tropical Florida meets Northern Florida. I'll also miss the late night pizzas (not that I won't do this currently, but it's not the same,) Dennis the go-go street dancer, REALLY lazy hungover Sundays, the Gainesville winters (mostly because I'm not too excited about this northern winter coming up,) Paynes Prairie hikes, THE TOP, stadium workouts...UGH I COULD GO ON.
If you're still in college, ENJOY IT. It goes way, way too fast.
Let's chat! What's your favorite part about college? Best memory?