Chicken Sausage & Ricotta Frittata
Good morning! I've got an eggselent frittata recipe to share. This is perfect to make ahead of time and have for breakfast for a few days or a great brunch recipe! It's easy like this wonderful Saturday morning.
I'll admit I got a little heavy handed with the cheese! Eggs and cheese are a match made in heaven, though, so I can't be blamed. Worth it. This tastes heavenly. P.S. you could make it a little lighter by substituting some of the eggs for egg whites or cutting out some of the cheese. Ingredients:
- 5 eggs
- 2 tbsp ricotta cheese + 1 Laughing Cow creamy swiss wedge
- 4 maple chicken sausage links diced thin (I used Trader Joe's brand)
- 1/2-1 cup chopped spinach
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- 1/4 cup Mozzarella cheese
- 1-2 tbsp goat cheese crumbles
- Teaspoon each of kosher salt and pepper
- In a medium bowl, whisk together eggs, ricotta cheese and laughing cow cheese
- Add in chopped spinach, sausage, green onion and seasonings
- Preheat a small skillet on low-medium heat and spray with cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Pour egg mixture in skillet and let cook until the edges are set
- Sprinkle Mozzarella and goat cheese on top and place in oven
- Bake until the top of the frittata is set and edges are golden brown (should be about 15 to 20 minutes)
- Let cool and serve!
What's everyone up to this weekend?